söndag 17 maj 2009

I don't get it...

I was never a "schlager" person. Eurovision Song Contest is not my thing either. But don't get me wrong, I saw some of them loooong time ago. So after some years break I figured out why not watching it this year. So Handan and Alex and I got pizza, had some wine and grapes and sat in front of Handan's big plasma tv :-) So the thing started. Wow! A hysterical presenters (was he American or just had the accent???) were just the beginning. I've never heard the Swedish contribution and the song was ok but somehow didn't feel like a song for ESC...Anyway, the songs were either depressing and super serious or totally crazy with disco-kitch-"glitter"-hysteri touch.
So we started to have some favorites - mostly the performers who had some oriental (or national) influences. Portugal was cool, Armenia, Azerbaijan (ok he lives in Sve right?), Turkey, but I must say even the song (maybe not the people on the stage) from Germany was good. So we had our favorites and got surprised whe when we heard all the votes. OK, we didn't get so shocked by countries giving votes to their neighbors (sooooo typical ESC procedure!!!!) but still Norway??? Was it so good and catchy??? Well, the song was nice and ok but I don't really get why it won...
Oh well.
I saw this year's ESC. It won't be again next year ;-)

Now rainy Sunday in HH. Usch! Need to get those rubber boots I've been planning to buy for the past 5 years or so...

Inga kommentarer: